Sunday, September 30, 2012

Anchoring Myself.

On August 31st I got my first tattoo. It was an anchor.
Most people I knew were entirely supportive and thought that it was cool, but there are still those few whose reaction was: "Why did you get a tattoo?". And every time I looked at them and with the same exasperated tone they had when they asked me, I replied: "Because it's my body, my life and my decision to make. Because I did something that makes me happy. And because it means something to me."
And every time they looked at me and didn't reply or else they told me that I was right and that they just didn't understand the significance.

The truth is, I carefully think through everything I do. And before I got this tattoo, I gave it thought. I didn't just decide to get a tattoo of an anchor. This anchor symbolizes strength. All my life I've always thought that people would always leave me. I never thought that I mattered to anybody and for years I had this thought on my mind. Over the last year I realized that people will leave, but that doesn't change who I am. I am the anchor. It reminds to stay who I am. I'm going to get birds flying away from the anchor soon that wrap around to my back. The birds will represent change. No matter what changes, I will continue to be who I am. Those people who leave my life will continue to be just as important to me. I refuse to give in, I will fight back whatever I face.

I'm glad to have so many people who were extremely supportive of my tattoo. All of my siblings thought it was cool. My Mother even told me she was proud of me when I sent her a picture. I'm proud of myself for it to be honest.

I know that some people don't understand the point behind tattoos. Some people think that it's stupid and wrong, but it's not their life. This is something I did for myself. If you have a problem with it, I'm very okay with that. Everyone's entitled to think that.

Now the reason for this post is really to discuss my next tattoo. I'm going to get it in a few weeks most likely. And this tattoo is going to represent my love for Harry Potter. Something that I'm sure most people will think is stupid and trivial, but for me, it's important. More on that later. It's late. I'm tired.

Much Love.
Stay Beautiful xx
Kaili



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! It's greatly appreciated that you have visited my blog! You are the reason I blog. Thank you for inspiring me.
Stay beautiful.